十三、Talking About Activities 談論活動
181. What are you doing? 你在干什么?
182. I'm reading a book. 我在看書。
183. I'm cooking. 我在做飯。
184. Are you watching TV now? 你在看電視嗎?
185. Yes, I'm watching Channel 5. 是的,我在看5頻道。
186. No, I'm listening to the radio. 沒有,我在聽收音機。
187. Where are you going? 你去哪兒?
188. I'm going to work. 我去上班。
189. Who are you writing to? 你在給誰寫信?
190. I'm writing to an old friend. 給一個老朋友。
191. What will you do this weekend? 這周末你將干什么?
192. I'll go to a concert. 我要去聽音樂會。
193. I'll go on an outing with some friends. 我與朋友去郊游。
194. Do you like traveling? 你喜歡郊游嗎?
195. Yes, I like it a great deal/it very much. 是的,我很喜歡。
十四、 About Age 關于年齡
196. How old are you? 你多大了?
197. I'm twenty-two (years old). 我二十二了。
198. Mr. Smith is still in his forties. 史密斯先生才四十幾歲。
199. I'm two years younger than my sister. 我比我姐小兩歲。
200. My elder sister is one year older than her husband. 我姐比他丈夫大一歲。
201. He's the youngest in the family. 他是一家中最小的。
202. He looks much younger than he is. 他看起來比他實際上年輕得多。
203. I came here when I was 20. 我二十歲來這兒。
204. I started school at the age of 6. 我六歲開始上學。
205. My father is over 60 years old. 我父親已年過六十了。
206. Most of them are less than 30. 他們中大多數不到30歲。
207. I guess he's about 30. 我猜他大概30歲。
208. She's going to be 15 next month. 下個月她就滿15了。
209. They'll have a party for their 10th wedding anniversary.
他們將為結婚十周年開個晚會。
210. He's still a boy after all. 他畢竟還只是個孩子。
十五、 Talking About Daily Activities 談論日常生活
211. When do you get up everyday? 每天你幾點起床?
212. I usually get up at 8 o'clock. 我通常8點起床。
213. Where do you have your lunch? 你在哪兒吃午飯?
214. I have my lunch in a snack bar nearby. 我在附近一家快餐店吃午飯。
215. What did you have for lunch? 你中午吃些什么?
216. I had a hamburger and a fried chicken leg? 我吃一個漢堡包,一個炸雞腿。
217. What time do you start work? 你什么時候開始工作?
218. I start work at 8 o'clock. 我八點開始工作。
219. What do you do at work? 你上班干些什么?
220. I answer telephones and do some typing. 我接電話和打字。
221. What time do you finish your work? 你什么時候下班?
222. At 6 o'clock sharp. 6點。
223. What do you do in your spare time? 閑暇時,你干些什么?
224. I like listening to pop music. 我喜歡聽流行音樂。
225. I like playing football. 我喜歡踢足球。
十六、 Talking About Yesterday 談論昨天的事
226. When did you get up yesterday morning? 你昨天早上幾點起床?
227. At about seven. 七點左右。
228. I heard the clock, but I didn't get up until 9. 我聽見鬧鐘了,但我捱到九點才起。
229. I woke up seven and got up right away. 我七點醒了,然后馬上起床了。
230. I hurried to my office. 我匆忙趕到辦公室。
231. I had my breakfast on the way. 我在路上吃的早飯。
232. I was just on time. 我剛好趕上。
233. I was 10 minutes late. 我遲到了五分鐘。
234. I had lunch with a friend of mine. 我和我的一個朋友一塊吃了午飯。
235. I finished my work at 6 p.m. 下午6點我下班了。
236. I stayed and did some extra work. 我留下加了一會兒班。
237. The TV programs were really boring, so I went to bed very early. 電視節目很無聊,所以我早早睡了。
238. I read a magazine in bed. 我躺在床上看雜志。
239. I didn't sleep well. 我沒睡好。
240. I slept soundly all night. 我整夜睡的很熟。
十七、 Talking With Friends 與朋友聊天
241. Hi, Joe, is it really you? 喬,你好,真是你嗎?
242. Hi, Ann. Nice to see you again. 安,你好。真高興再次見到你。
243. It's been a whole year since I last saw you. 我整整一年沒見你了。
244. Yes, but you look as pretty now, as you did then. 但你看起來還是那么漂亮。
245. Oh, thank you. How have you been these days? 歐,謝謝。這段時間你好嗎?
246. Not too bad. 不太糟。
247. But you sound so sad. 但聽起來你很悲傷。
248. Yes, I lost my pet cat yesterday. 是啊,昨天我的寵物貓丟了。
249. Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. 聽到這消息我很遺憾。
250. That's all right. 沒事兒。
251. Have you seen Kate lately? 最近你看見凱特了嗎?
252. No, I have no contact with her. 沒有。我和她沒有一點兒聯系。
253. I heard she got married last week. 我聽說她上星期結婚了。
254. Oh, how nice. Sorry, I've got to go now. 那真好。對不起,我必須得走了。
255. So do I. See you later. Keep in touch. 我也是,再見。記得聯系哦。
十八、 Talking About The Past 談論過去
256. I used to take a walk in the early morning. 我過去常一大早出去散步。
257. He used to live in my neighborhood. 他曾與我是鄰居。
258. Did you use to go fishing with friends? 過去你常和朋友釣魚嗎?
259. We have known each other for 6 years. 我們認識有六年了。
260. It has been a long time since last came here. 自從我上次來這里已經有很長時間了。
261. Have you seen Mr. Smith recently? 最近你見過史密斯先生嗎?
262. They've been working on this project since last year. 他們從去年開始一直都在做這個項目。
263. I've been watching TV all night. 我看了一整晚的電視。
264. The movie began as soon as we got there. 我們一到那兒電影就開始了。
265. When I arrived at the station, the train had already left. 我到車站時,火車已經開了。
266. The late arrival of the ship had messed up all our plans. 船到晚了,把我們的計劃全打亂了。
267. I had thought he knew the time of the meeting. 我原以為他知道開會時間。
268. They had excepted me to go with them. 他們原本希望我和他們一起去。
269. That was the third time that I had visited the place. 那是我第三次參觀那地方了。
270. After I had finished my paper, I put it in the drawer. 我寫完論文,就把它放在抽屜了。
十九、 Asking About The Address 詢問地址
271. Hi, Jack, where do you live now? 你好,杰克,你現在住哪兒?
272. I live at 203 Curzon Street. 我住在可勝街203號。
273. Curzon Street? Isn't Mary living there? 可勝街?瑪麗不是也住那兒嗎?
274. Yes, she lives just across the street. 是的,她就住在街對面。
275. How long have you stayed there? 你在那兒住多久了?
276. Just a few months. 才幾個月。
277. How about Mary? How long has she lived there? 瑪麗怎么樣?她在那兒住多久了?
278. She's been living there since her birth. 她生下來就住那兒。
279. Will you stay there for long? 你會在那兒待很長時間嗎?
280. No, I'll move to Hollywood next month. 不,我下個月搬到好萊塢去。
281. Oh, really? I'm moving there too. 真的?我也會搬到那兒去。
282. Great. Then we can drink beer together. 棒極了,我們可以一起喝啤酒了。
283. Yes, and you may stay there longer. 對,而且你也許會在那兒住久一些。
284. I hope so. 希望如此。
285. I'm sure we'll have a good time. 我相信我們會很開心的。
二十、 Asking Questions 提問題
286. Where are you going? 你去哪兒?
287. Where did you go for dinner yesterday? 你們昨天去哪兒吃的飯?
288. When will he come to see you? 他什么時候來看你?
289. When did you buy the car? 你什么時候買的車?
290. Who told you? 誰告訴你的?
291. Who will accompany you to the airport? 誰將陪你去機場?
292. Why don't you agree? 你為什么不同意?
293. Why not go out for a walk? 干嗎不出去散步?
294. How did you doing spend your holiday? 你假期怎么過的?
295. How are you doing these days? 這些日子你怎么樣?
296. What did he say in the letter? 他在信里說什么了?
297. What are you going to do with the books? 你打算拿這些書怎么辦?
298. What were you doing when I called? 我打電話給你時你在干嗎?
299. I was about to leave. 我正要出門。
300. Can you guess what I was doing this morning? 你能猜到今天上午我在做什么嗎?
二十一、 Measuring And Comparing 形容物品、度量、比較
301. What's the height of the building? 這座樓有多高?
302. How much does the elephant weight? 這個大象有多重?
303. What's the color of your new dress? 你的新衣服是什么顏色的?
304. What's the size of your shoes? 你的鞋多大尺寸?
305. My brother is twice as tall as your sister. 我弟弟比你妹妹高一倍。
306. My grandma is 40 years older than me. 我祖母比我大40歲。
307. This river is one third as long as that river. 這條河只有那條河的三分之一長。
308. What's the shape of your balloon? 你的氣球是什么形狀?
309. How wide is this bridge? 這座橋有多寬?
310. How thick is the ice here? 這兒的冰有多厚?
311. This metal is harder than that one. 這種金屬比那種硬。
312. He can run as fast as Jim. 他跑的和吉姆一樣快。
313. Kate is smarter than I. 凱特比我聰明。
314. How long do you watch TV every day? 你每天看多長時間電視?
315. How often do you go swimming? 你多久去游一次泳?
二十二、 Asking For Help 尋求幫助
316. Would you please open the door for me? 請你幫忙開個門好嗎?
317. May I ask you a question? 我能問你個問題嗎?
318. Please give me a hand. 請幫我個忙。
319. Could you do me a favor? 能請你幫個忙嗎?
320. Would you help me remove the refrigerator? 能幫忙移一下冰箱嗎?
321. Get me my coat, please. 請幫我拿下外套。
322. Make me a cup of coffee, will you? 給我沖杯咖啡,好嗎?
323. Call me tomorrow if you have time. 明天要有時間就給我打個電話。
324. Could you tell me where I can find these books? 您能告訴我在哪兒能找到這些書嗎?
325. Certainly. 當然了。
326. Witch pleasure. 很高興。
327. I'm sorry. I'm engaged now. 對不起,我現在正忙著。
328. I'm glad to, but I'm afraid I don't have the time. 我很樂意,但我恐怕沒時間。
329. Would you mind closing the window for me? 能幫我關一下窗戶嗎?(你介意關下窗戶嗎?)
330. Not at all. 當然可以。(當然不介意)
二十三、 Asking Directions 打聽情況和問路
331. Excuse me, madam. Could you tell me where the post office is? 對不起,女士,請問郵局在哪里?
332. It's just around the corner. 轉彎就是。
333. Excuse me, how can I get to the bus station? 對不起,汽車站怎么走?
334. You can take the bus and get off at the second stop. 你可以坐公共汽車第二站下。
335. Excuse me. Where is No.5 Street? 對不起,第五大街在哪兒?
336. Go straight ahead and turn left at the second crossing. 一直往前走,在第二個十字路口往左拐。
337. Excuse me. Can you tell me how to get to Mr. Hu's restaurant? 對不起,你能告訴我怎么去胡先生的餐館嗎?
338. Go on for about 100 meters. It's on your left side. You can't miss it. 往前走約100米,在你左手邊,你不會錯過的。
339. Which one is Mr. Jame's office? 哪間是詹姆司先生的辦公室?
340. It's Room 201 on the second floor. 二樓201房間。
341. Can I use the lift? 我能用電梯嗎?
342. Sorry, it's broken. You have to use the stairs. 對不起,它壞了,你只能走樓梯了。
343. Where are the stairs? 樓梯在哪里呢?
344. Go along the corridor and it's on your right side. 沿著走廊走,在你右手邊。
345. Thank you for directions. 感謝你為我指路。
二十四、 About Marriage 關于婚姻
346. Are you married? 你結婚了嗎?
347. I'm single. 我現在單身。
348. You have a younger brother, don't you? 你有個弟弟,是嗎?
349. How is your family? 你的家人怎么樣?
350. She's engaged/married to John. 她和約翰訂婚/結婚了。
351. How long have you been married? 你們結婚多久了?
352. We've been married for 2 years. 我們結婚兩年了。
353. My parents got married in 1954. 我父母1954年結婚的。
354. Mary gave birth to a baby last week. 瑪麗上星期做媽媽了。
355. They've been divorced. 他們已離婚了。
356. His wife died a year ago. Now he lives alone. 他妻子去年去世了。現在他一個人住。
357. My aunt will come to live with me for some days. 我阿姨會來和我住一些日子。
358. John has his own family now. 約翰現在有自己的家了。
359. Do you live with your parents? 你和你父母住一起嗎?
360. No. I live in my own house. 不,我住在自己的房子里。